Sunday, September 10, 2006

Blogging

I have decided to begin blogging again after a year or two break from my initial attempts. This time, I feel that I bring a new (and hopefully better) approach to it. Last time, I felt I should be a blogger and therefore I tried to, with the inevitable result that I struggled to write, probably because I was trying too hard. Also, I think that this time I will set the bar low in terms of frequency. I tried to write too regularly (at least weekly) last time and I have to accept that there are some people who have more to say than I do.

My summary of my new philosophy is this: write a minimum of one posting a month and write on any topic. I am hoping that initially, I might use it like a newsletter and schedule a writing time to look back over the month for something to blog about. As it becomes more natural, I expect the blogging to match the occurence of interesting events. Also, I want to use the blog as an outlet for exercising my written skills, which these days is normally restricted to emails.

I have chosen to use Blogger for this new venture because, as a online service user, I really enjoy using services that upgrade themselves and I have confidence that a Google-backed system will follow suit. Other online services that I regularly use are: Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, del.icio.us and Remember The Milk.

No comments: